A New Smile For A New You
A new smile can make a world of difference in the first impressions arena. Whether it’s in professional or personal life, how you’re first perceived can be meaningful. Your smile is much more important to you than you may have ever imagined. Your friends and family will find your beautiful smile comforting and reassuring. Every time they see that smile, it is going to make them feel better. And then your smile is also going to help you make inroads in your professional life, something that can be invaluable and precious in the long-term. So why is smile so important in everyone’s life and how you can ensure that you have a great smile? Here are some things that you should know about your smile.
Your Smile and Your Professional Life
When you smile at someone, it is a natural impulse that they smile back. It is the most basic part of how you interact with someone. When you are employed, your smile can be used to great advantage, no matter what position you hold in the organization. Carrying a smile on your face is a sign that you are happy with what you are doing and are always prepared to face the challenges.
Employees who have a smile most of the time are considered to be interested and more enthusiastic about their work. It is also a promise that they will produce the results they are intended to in a productive way. Your smile in your professional life is a sign that you are motivated towards your responsibilities. On the other hand, an employee, whether he be a boss or a junior executive, carrying a frown on his face is going to find it hard to win the trust and interest of their colleagues.
Smiling and Your Personal Life
Smiling goes beyond the means of expressing yourself to a humorous thing. It has significant importance in interpersonal interactions. The most basic thing you should realize is that people are more likely to smile when they are having a great time or in the presence of people they like. A spousal relationship is perhaps the most important personal relationship that exists. Studies show the long-term positive effects of having a great smile on this relationship.
Studies also show that there is a relation between the intensity of smile and divorce rate. The lesser the intensity of an individual’s smile, the higher are the chances of them having a divorce during their lifetime. Some of these studies have been conducted for decades. The general inference is that more intensity in smile is a sign of positive personality disposition. When someone sees that you have a beautiful and more intense smile, it gives them a signal that you have a more positive outlook on life and on them. If you are interested in making new friends or getting more dates, the confidence that comes from a winning smile may help.
What’s Holding You Back From Using Your Smile?
If you are born with a beautiful and charming smile, you are a lucky person. But most people are not born with a perfect smile. An increasing number of people suffer from tooth pain and poor dental health that can have an effect on not only the beauty of their smile but also on how they feel about their smile. People with dental issues feel anxious about smiling. That can have significant negative impact on their professional and personal lives.
Gum problems and decaying teeth make almost 33% of young adults to feel anxious about smiling. And most of them smile very rarely, if at all. What is even more serious is that almost 20% of these adults restrain their social life just because they have dental issues. The effects can also be seen in the professional lives of people. 28% of these young adults feel that their teeth can affect their interview performance. And if you are also having dental problems, you are also one of these people.
There are many types of dental problems that could be interfering with your smile:
- Untreated tooth decay.
- Trouble with biting or chewing food.
- You don’t visit the dentist every year.
- Frequent tooth pain.
And in dealing with these issues and others, it’s too often the case that folks don’t visit their dentist for a solution.
A Reflection of Your Personality
Your smile is one of the most important parts of your personality. In fact, it tells a lot about you and helps you make the first impression. Have you heard the expression: “Keep a smile on your face and let your personality be your autograph.”
Your smile brightens the lives of all who see it. To someone who has seen a dozen people frown, scowl or turn their faces away, your smile is like the sun breaking through the clouds.
We Can Help
If you are facing any kind of dental problem that is keeping you from making the most of your beautiful smile, it is time you took the right step. Addressing those dental problems is your way to improving your life.
- Porcelain Veneers: The use of porcelain veneers can help in creating natural-looking teeth and enhancing your smile. Veneers also provide additional support and strength to your teeth. For more information about the benefits of veneers visit here.
- Dental Contouring: Dental contouring, also known as tooth reshaping, can help in altering and improving your smile profile. It involves removal of a little tooth enamel and improving the shape and looks of a tooth. The benefits go beyond a better smile and also improve your tooth’s function. In fact, this may also be considered as an effective and more elegant alternative to braces. Check more about this process by visiting here.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants can help in restoring your full smile. When you’re missing a tooth, it can cause your face to sink in. A missing tooth can simply destroy your smile, and cause you to suppress your smile. There are also functional impacts such as problem with chewing and biting. Dental implants are inserted into the bone and help in restoring your smile profile. If you want to know the details, you can check more about dental implants here.
Additional Dental Services for a New Smile
- Altering Gum Levels: Altering gum levels can help you achieve your perfect smile. You may be having gums that are out of proportion with your teeth size. Your gums may b too long or short. The altering process ensures that the gums frame your teeth in a better way. Besides making you feel more confident in your smile, this procedure can also prevent problems like gum disease, decay, and sensitivity. Check here for more information about this process.
- Bonding: Dental bonding can help improve both the looks and function of teeth. The process involves applying a resin with tooth-matching color. This process can be used for fixing different dental problems like decaying, cracks, chips, discoloration, and abnormal shape and size among others. Check here to find out how bonding can help you enhance your smile.
An old Chinese proverb notes, “Use your smile to change the world, don’t let the world change your smile.” And, don’t let dental problems interfere with how you interact with the world and your relationships. To learn more about our services or to address a dental issue, contact us at (612) 824‑7033.
Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing, and there’s so much to smile about.