People who undergo chemotherapy, radiation or surgery for cancers of the mouth, head, neck or throat areas suffer from mild to severe dental health and comfort complications. Many of these complications can be prevented, or at least minimized by active preventive care.
Dr. Cook has been caring for these patients since his residency at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, MN. His presentation represents his over 30 years of experience in applying best preventive dental practices to these unfortunate people.
During his presentation, Dr. Cook will cover a wide range of topics, including:
- The impact cancer treatments can have on dental health
- Conducting an extended hygiene visit
- Recommendations for preventive home care
- General tactics for dealing with dry mouths
- Support groups for oral cancer patients
Dr. Cook’s dental prevention for the cancer patient presentation is appropriate for both medical and dental practitioners, along with their valuable teams.
For more information on this presentation, email [email protected] or call (612) 824-7033.