Dental Digital Photography
As a dental professional, any technology or strategy that aids in the diagnostic, treatment planning and patient education processes is invaluable. Dental Digital Photography is no exception. With the skillful use of digital photography as a diagnostic and presentation tool, you will enhance your reputation as a high-tech, cosmetic and restorative dentist.
During customizable presentations and workshops, Dr. Cook offers insight into his experiences with Dental Digital Photography, its impact on his practice, and strategies for maximizing the benefits the technology has to offer.
Morning Lecture—unlimited attendance
The morning lecture highlights digital photography and its successful integration into the dental practice. Dr. Cook begins with a general overview of digital photography, followed by specific integration of digital photography into your dental practice. You will learn how to select the digital camera that is right for your practice. We will explore the use of dental and simple non-dental software applications to store, organize, print, e-mail and present your images.
Because “a picture is worth a thousand words,” digital photography sharpens communications with patients, dental specialists, lab technicians and third party payers. We will show examples of these types of communications.
Attendees will learn:
- Use of two easy camera settings: one for portrait and the other for all close-up, intra-and extra-oral views
- The five essential dental photographic poses to master
- Proper positioning of patient, assistant, retractors, and mirrors for each pose
- Effective use of background, proper framing, aiming and focusing
- Special views for lab communication, facebow record verification and aesthetic diagnosis
- Problem solving for improperly exposed or composed images
Afternoon Hands-On Workshop—limited attendance
The afternoon workshop will be a hands-on session limited to 15 individuals per presenter (two presenters—30 participants). Participants will have the opportunity to practice taking the digital dental photographic series on each other. We will practice all clinical intra- and extra-oral views with emphasis on patient, dentist, assistant, mirror and retractor placement. Playing each of the roles, photographer, patient, and assistant, is essential in learning these techniques. It will be fun!
During the afternoon session, the workflow of importing, storing, backing-up, viewing, editing and presenting a typical full mouth series will be presented using consumer ACDSee software.
Participants are asked to bring sterile dental photographic mirrors and retractors, along with their dental digital camera, if available. We will have an additional limited number of digital cameras, mirrors and retractors to use.
Attendance for the morning lecture is unlimited. Participation in the afternoon hands-on workshop is limited to 15 participants per presenter. Afternoon participants must have attended the morning lecture. The afternoon hands-on workshop attendees will receive a suggested list of supplies to bring.
In-Office, Hands-On Workshop
This presentation will dramatically improve your diagnostic clarity, treatment planning, patient education, and most importantly, treatment acceptance. With the skillful use of digital photography as a diagnostic and presentation tool, you will enhance your reputation as a high-tech, cosmetic and restorative dentist.
This presentation offers the ability to:
- Participate in personal hands-on training with your team in either your office or mine
- Learn how to take a full mouth photographic series with consistent results
- Use two easy camera settings: one for portrait and the other for all close-up, intra-and extra-oral views
- Learn positioning of patient, assistant, retractors, mirrors and background
- Discover proper framing and focusing for each view
- Learn special views for lab communication, shade, facebow record verification and aesthetic diagnosis
- View examples of each image in the photographic series with how-to technique handouts and equipment list
Dr. Cook also offers insight into the most effective use of software. Learn how to use a time-saving and simple consumer software package for all image downloading, storing, viewing, altering, printing, CD creation and e-mailing—fast, easy, organized and inexpensive.
Attendees can use their own digital camera, or make use of Dr. Cook’s. 3-8 people per session.
Novice and intermediate skilled dental photographers will benefit from this workshop.
For more information on any of Dr. Cook’s Dental Digital Photography workshops, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-824-7033.